Friday, March 11, 2011

jeans for mens

Some of the retail clothing in Singapore are just way too overpriced. It’s not just Levi’s, but many other brands as well. I bought a GAP jeans for under US$30 in a previous trip. It was something I bought from a downtown SF store.
Many many years ago, I had the idea that the good discounts were only at the factory outlets located in the middle of nowhere. They are no doubt cheaper, but I had found out that it only costs like a few dollars more in a downtown shop. There was really no point to go through the inconvenience of having to get out of town.
There are other things apart from clothing that are also overpriced in Singapore. For example, a battery for my MacBook 13.3″ costs S$232 in Singapore, but the equivalent of S$188 when purchased in the US. Exactly the same product.
With a globalized economy, online shopping, and declining international shipping rates… I certainly hope prices in Singapore start to make sense.
With a Levi’s jeans costing under $40, who wants to buy Giordano anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment